Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cake Dream Sprint #1

Today is the day that I start work on the Final project for CS3505. The project my team is doing is Cake Dream. This game is an evil wizard steals your cake and you must go get it back. Unfortunately, the wizard locked his door and spread 3 keys out to wilds and you must go through 3 dungeons to get each one.

Since we do only have 4-5 weeks to complete the game, we can do only so much. For this first sprint, I have been tasked of creating one of the dungeons and some level design artwork for my dungeon and the main map (I will post pictures at a later date).

The three dungeons will incorporate three different dimensions and playing styles: 3D Maze, 2.5D side-scroller, and 2D Top-Down view. I will do the 2D Top-Down view. I expect this will be the easier ones to complete and I will design it to be like original Legend of Zelda's dungeons.

I will have 6 rooms. One room will have the weapon needed to defeat the boss, three rooms will have just basic enemies in it, one room will have the key to the boss, and the final room will be the boss.

The boss, I've decided will be a dragon and I've already drew some concept art (Will be loaded later). The level design is very simple and I hope to have the level that you can walk around in and go room to room in 1.5 weeks. I hope to add enemy and boss AI in about another 1.5 weeks. After that a basic dungeon should be complete and playable. If nothing else needs to be done to make sure the whole game can play, then I hope I can do more work on the game and polish it up and add some more features, such as more rooms and add more keys to get to more important parts of the dungeon; however, I feel that would take too long.

For the first sprint, I plan to have the dungeon be loadable and the main player be able to walk in it. I also plan to be able to have the enemies and boss ready to put in and add AI to by the next Sprint. I will update you later when the next sprint comes next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment