Friday, March 30, 2012

Sprint #1: First Draft

After some time doing some drawings and quick planning, I have the first draft of what the final boss will be for the dungeon I'm on and the dungeon layout.


For the dragon, this was really fun to draw. I really hate the legs though, because I suck at drawing feet and the sockets look absolutely horrible. When I have time, I will probably redo the legs and tone up on the textures to be a bit more cartooney. I definitively won't have time to rig it up and add animations. That would be nice, but I will probably just design a fire ball that will spawn at his mouth and just follow the projection. I will show more improved versions of this. 



I really wanted to keep the dungeon simple yet engaging. I was inspired by the first Legend of Zelda (by ripping them off). The two adjacent rooms will hold a key for the boss and a bow and arrow that will allow killing the dragon a lot easier. This is definitive not done yet as I have to standardize the square rooms and keep them consistent. This will be good enough to at least bring in and test some physics out on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment