Friday, March 16, 2012

First Machinima Film and Game Engines for Machinima

I finally got my first Machinima film done with my team. It was hard work and I absolutely hated the story (A parody of an infomercial) but hell, I still worked on it an I still am going to display it. Hopefully I will get to do a story that I will enjoy for the final project.


Note: I would love to post the video, but blogspot says there's a problem with it. 

Basically what I did was the scene where the couple light on fire and the boy who is accepted into ITT Tech catches on fire (serves him right). I also did all the voice acting. I also did all the editing in premiere. There really isn't much to say about this except that I hate Faceposer and Hammer. They are the worst programs ever.

I am currently downloading CryENGINE 3.0 right now which used the engine from Crysis. It has a great enviornment and outdoor scenes. Plus I can create models in DAZ 3D and import them in. If I can be able to work on this for the Machinima final, then my life will be so much easier. The only problem that I hear is that since it is new the TA won't be able to help out as much as they could when they helped with the Source Engine.

Another engine I would like to try would be the Dragon Age/Mass Effect engine. If you see the cut scenes from Dragon Age and Mass Effect, it really shows the Machinima that must have been used. I also did hear of an authoring tool, but can't get find it. If the authoring tool for the Dragon Age engine works as well than I hope, then Machinima could actually be fun again and I can use an engine that is actually up to date.

That is all for now. I'll update you more on the Final Machinima work and my final CS3505 project that is coming up. Next time, when I decide to blog, I'll also mention at QT project that my partner and I are working on. Its basically adding an audio visualizer and a playlist to an already existing basic media player. The algorithms for that seem interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment